In Tampa there is no excuse for boredom. With weekly and monthly reoccurring art and music events, the neighborhoods surrounding Downtown Tampa are always bustling with great things to do and reasons to get out and try something new.
Downtown Tampa Events and Things to Do
- Yoga in the Park – (Sundays) Spend your Sunday evening exhaling the stress of the coming week at a free sunset yoga session in Curtis Hixon Park. Every Sunday starting at 5pm. On the Web
- Downtown Market – (Fridays) Fresh fruit, veggies, honey, herbs, flowers, as well as clothes, jewelry and made to order lunches are available at this open air market. Every Friday from 10am – 2pm. www.tampadowntownmarket.com
- Rock the Park – (First Thursday of the Month) Free live music concert series with food & drink vendors at the waterfront Curtis Hixon Park. www.rocktheparktampa.com
- Art After Dark – (Third Friday Every Three Months) Experience all that art has to offer at this monthly Tampa Museum of Art event featuring live music and entertainment, special exhibits and a cash bar. $10 admission. On the Web
- Yappy Hour – (Third Friday of the Month) Every dog deserves a night out on the town. Join other dog owners at the Sono Cafe and Curtis Hixon Dog Area for drink specials for you and doogie treats for Fido. Third Friday of the Month. Free. On The Web
- City Bike Tampa Urban Restaurant Tour – (Last Thursday of the Month) Put your bike to some good use during this guided bike ride that begins and ends in downtown and stops at five participating restaurants for free samples, specials and complimentary appetizers along the way. Once a Month. $5/person.
Ybor Events and Things to Do
- Ybor Saturday Farmer’s Market – (Saturdays) Every Saturday Centennial Park in Ybor hosts an open air market with stands selling locally-grown produce, fresh-baked breads, flowers, artwork, candles and more. www.ybormarket.com
- Art on 19th Street – (1st Saturday of the Month) The businesses on 19th Street in Ybor City, between 8th and 9th Avenues, host an open house event featuring live art demonstrations, music, and more.
- Ybor Art Colony Open House – (2nd Saturday of the Month) – Ybor’s collection of art studios located on Seventh Avenue above the King Corona Café – welcomes visitors inside of their creation space for an Art Open House. www.yborart.org